As I lay in bed last night, not sleeping, I decided that I needed to have a place to keep the memories of our growing and evolving family. A home for our accomplishments as our family blends and becomes one. (Hopefully!) So, here is a brief overview of who we are and how came to be.
Kyle and I meet September of '08. We went on our first date the day after Thanksgiving and where married on December 5th. I have always been a skeptic when it comes to love at first sight, sole mates, all that junk, but I no longer feel that way. I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for making a way for me to be with him. We brought with us 5 kids from our previous marriages. Kyle kids are Jayden, 15, Kennedy 13, Carlin 11, and Preston 9. My Bryce is 5 and we are currently expecting our first child together, due any day...PLEASE!
Kyle is a manufacturing engineer in the aerospace industry. He is the most amazing man I have ever know. A few of my favorite qualities he possesses are; his strength, his wisdom, his patience, his understanding, his sense of humor, his kindness, his gentleness...the list can go on and on. Basically he's perfect. I have to brag for a moment and say that we have yet to have a single fight. We don't always agree, actually we rarely see things the same way, but we have never raised our voices and had an argument. I think that is note worthy. When we where first married we made a promise to each other that we would not fight. That we would always work things through with patience and understanding for the other view point. This is something that as time goes on we become more and more committed to.
I spend my days at home, my favorite job in the world. I am so blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom. I could not ask for more. My days are made up of my favorite things. I get to start every day with a few moments with Kyle before he leaves for work. He usually give me a back message and a few moments cuddling. What an amazing way to start the day. I clean the house, cook, run errands, and am learning to garden. Kyle comes home and we spend our evenings together as a family. Usually this involves nothing more than a game, watching TV or a movie or going for a walk, but it is the time together that counts. We read the scriptures together every night and off to bed. I love my daily life.
Since we where married we have had many bumps along the way, mostly with the ups and downs of blending families together. This is proving to be far more difficult that I ever would have imagined. There are so many challenges to overcome. This is really the point of my blog. It is a place for me to sound my feelings and share my failures and successes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment