Friday, September 25, 2009

Catching up!

Because I have just begun this blog I thought it would be fun to go back and post a few highlights of our life together so far.


Christmas!


YAY!


Kyle was The Sultan in the musical Aladdin done by our stake in February. He did such a great job. I was amazed at his stage presence. It was very hard to be newly weds and him having so many rehearsals, but I am so glad he did. He has so many talents and this is just one of them.


The beard took him a few months to grow and then Kari Benson spent hours bleaching it white and giving him white highlights. It looked great and I have to say he looked so much older. One day after he had it bleached we went to BabiesRUs and Kyle kept mention that people where staring at him. We could not figure out why until we where in the parking lot getting in the car to head home when it hit him. He looked like a very old man with a younger, pregnant wife, and now he was getting into his little black sports car. Mid-life crisis much!?! We got a good laugh out of it.


Kennedy had her Young Women's New Beginning Program.


Carlin and Preston had their Blue and Gold banquet. (Of course they where only partially dressed in their scout uniforms, but that is part of life when kids have two homes to lose things in.)


Kyle started our marriage by showing me what an amazing man he is with his actions. Here he is shoveling snow for a neighbor. He always takes the time to do the little things for others. He shoveled her snow all winter long before he finally got caught.


We decided to have the house painted professionally after I made such a mess of it trying to do it myself. We lived on fast food and sat on plastic for an entire week while the painters worked their magic, but it was so worth it. The house turned out amazing! I love the colors we chose. It feels so warm and inviting.



We spent a few Saturday afternoons at Grandma and Grandpa Grapes sledding with the kids. Well, actually I enjoyed the sledding from the warmth and comfort of the van.


We began decorating the nursery after finding out we where having a boy. It's still not done, but we are getting there a little at a time.


We spent a lot of time out back yard working on our little garden and lawn.

And then the batteries in my camera died and I forgot to buy new ones until the summer was over. So, without pictures, here is a brief overview of what we did. Easter weekend we went to Cove to roll eggs down the hill and have dinner with my Family and then the kids had their Easter egg hunt at Grandma Smith's. Over Memorial Day weekend we went with my family to Island Park to the cabin for a weekend of R & R, without any kids. We went on a shopping spree and bought a new home theater system. We love it! We celebrated our entire families birthdays over the summer. Kyle's kids spent most of the summer at Lagoon with their mom, so we didn't get to do much together, but we did enjoy a nice trip to Montana over the 4th of July to visit Kyle's dad and Alice. Preston and Carlin came with us.


We went on a day trip with all the kids to Tony's Grove and had a picnic by the lake. Kyle and I had lots of fun on our date nights with Katie and Tannin going to see movies that must be watched in the theater and going to dinner. And then, all too quickly the summer came to an end. Bryce started Kindergarten and the kids returned to school.

And now I am all caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment